Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pneumonia and more

No matter how hard I try, I once again find myself playing catch up here on the blog. So much is happening in our lives and I am trying to be "present" as much as possible all while feeling like I am being suffocated to breathe. This does not make for a great combination whatsoever.

I found myself back in Urgent care tonight after almost 2 weeks of trying every all natural remedy I could find to alleviate this bronchitis that has been clinging on. I had to cancel my last infusion treatment because of how sick I have been. I have been trying to avoid antibiotics due to the havoc that they cause to my body and that utilizing antibiotics may possibly negate all of the infusions and the goals of what we are trying to accomplish. I have been through too much to want to have to start over.

However, after not being able to climb out of bed and sleeping most of the day, I decided that it was time. I knew how much sicker I was getting and felt I had no fight left within my body. I was weakening.

I love Dr. Brooks at our Urgent Care and wish he would just be my primary doctor, he is that amazing. After two hours talking with him, getting a breathing treatment, chest x-ray, exam, shot and three prescriptions, I left understanding what was wrong with me. My collapsed lung looks better although it has turned into pneumonia and bronchitis. My airways are closing off making it very difficult to take each and every breath. Worse yet, either the meningitis was not all the way cleared up or with the weakened state of my immune system, my body is slipping back into the meningitis. Not fun.

I am grateful for caring, loving and knowledgeable doctors. I am grateful for the inspiration they receive for my care. I was so struggling as to which road to walk. I was determined to fight this infection all naturally and come out without the need for antibiotics. The thought of everything I have been through in the last several months to be in vain, was more than I could cope with.

However, after much prayer, deliberation, inspired doctors, consulting with my loving husband and receiving my own revelation from my Father in Heaven, I know that going on antibiotics is the right decision for my body today. I cannot worry about what this will do to my treatments going forward, or the setbacks that may occur or even the probability of the past several months of pain and torture having been in vain. At this moment, without the antibiotics, my body cannot go on, so I am beginning a treatment of antibiotics and praying that somehow, someway my Savior will let me beat the odds and help the antibiotics to only relieve the pneumonia, bronchitis and meningitis and not mess with the infusion treatments that have taken place.

My next step..take the antibiotics, pray that my body responds well to them, that I start fighting these infections and that they do not interfere with the infusion treatments that are working to heal my body.

I have placed this new set of circumstances at my Savior's feet and have asked him to sort through the details for me. What else can I do? He has never done anything besides what is best for me. I have overcome illness and conquered death, with my Savior's help, over and over again. I am counting on Him to again protect me and save me.

Prayers are appreciated and needed. I know this is in my Savior's hand and come what may, "I know I can do hard things". This is just one more to add to the list.

No comments: