Monday, July 22, 2013

Exhaustion

As much as I absolutely loved being at the beach, I was absolutely exhausted while there. I slept at least half of my time at the beach. Good thing I was there two weeks instead of one.

Even though I did very little, what I did do absolutely wore me out.

If I sat down on the couch, I curled up in my Mickey blanket and fell asleep. The party could be going on around me but it didn't matter, I slept.
Lucky for me, Talmage did not like the beach and especially the ocean. Because of that, he opted for naps with me every afternoon instead of staying on the beach. I loved not being in the room alone. Talmage and I would either watch movies or fall asleep to the tv and listening to the ocean waves. I loved having my cuddle bug there.
Talmage and I were absolutely exhausted because we stayed on the beach one morning. By the time I got to the condo, we didn't even eat lunch but just laid down on my bed to sleep. Suzi came up three hours later and took a picture. In doing so, she woke us both up. I was so "out of it" that I didn't even realize who she was or what was happening. Later that night, all of the Simonton spouse's laughed that all of us Simonton's have that same quality of terror when woken up.
Many days and nights, while the rest of the group partied, I stayed happily in my room. My view was amazing. I loved my balcony. I loved listening to the waves crash on the shore. I loved the gentle cool breeze. I loved being able to watch the kids play from the balcony. It was my favorite place to be. Exhausted or not, it was definitely my happy place!

No comments: