Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sixth Grade

How is it possible that Hayden is in 6th grade?

I feel an overwhelming urgency to teach him all I can. I feel my influence fading as the world's views are now bombarding him at every turn. I am aware that my time with him, to influence him, teach him and protect him is quickly fading.

As he got ready for his first morning of sixth grade, he was calm and anxiety free.

My boy has really grown up. He really didn't skip a beat and sliding from summer vacation and two weeks at the beach, straight into school and routines and homework was a easy transition.

I was sad as I helped him get folders ready, his school supplies together and make sure his clothes were all ready. It is probably one of the last times I will do that. For the most part, he is so independent that I conquers these tasks on his own.

He sure has developed his personality and changed so much over the summer. I am sure that sixth grade will bring many changes. His vocabulary is changing into a punk teenager with quirky phrases and funny comebacks. He has really come into his own witty personality that keeps us laughing. He is becoming a huge help and a great worker.

I love who he is! I love watching him become a better version of his own true self.

Is it possible that he will actually be an easier teenager than young boy? Is this just the calm before the storm? Honestly, this has been the easiest transition we have ever had.
Regardless, as much as I want to keep him at this age forever, I sure love watching him grow and discover untapped talents and become the person he was born to be!

He brings me joy! I miss him like crazy! I count the hours down until I know he will walk thru the door yelling, Mom!
In case I forgot, this boy of mine is a huge tease! He laughed and laughed that he was leaving me and joked about how much I would miss him. He, of course, said that since he would be with friends, he wouldn't have time to miss me. I want him to love every minute of school, make incredibly wonderful friends and expand his knowledge, understanding and learning. I will still miss him like crazy! I love you, Bubba! I have had the best summer of my entire life with you. Thank you for being such a great help to your mom! You make me so very proud of you!

No comments: