Monday, July 22, 2013

Simonton LOUD

Sunday night, the second week, when everyone arrived, they were all kind enough to come to our condo since I was exhausted. The numbers grew and grew as everyone found out that Aunt Faye and Aunt Carolyn (my dad's sisters) had arrived from Florida. At one point there were 32 of us in our little condo. When all of us get together, there is only one word to describe the scene...chaos, ok two, chaos and loud!
We all sat around and talked, chatted, caught up, laughed, told stories and had a great time. I tried etching each and every word and moment into my heart. I felt surrounded by love in that room. There were so many people that I love and cherish. My heart swelled with gratitude and love and thanksgiving for this incredible group that were chosen to be my family.
Other nights we gathered to talk, play cards and just laugh. I loved that my brothers and sister would gravitate to my room when I was too weak to leave. If I couldn't make it to the party, no problem, they brought the party to me. I loved being with everyone.
My brothers and dad are all so very loud and tell the funniest stories. Best part is, is that they think they are funny, so they laugh before the end of their story.
I was so surprised that management did not call to tell us to be quiet. We were incredibly loud. Maybe that is why the Simonton's own 9 units this week. We laugh that those in all the rooms next to us sell the week after we leave.
We were going to play a game of Spades card game. Jake and JD were going to be a team. Jodi looked and Jake and said, "Who gets Jerlyn?". They all laughed and laughed and laughed. I am now a liability instead of an asset. They decided to team me up with Jodi. Not a separate hand but just let me "help" Jodi, like they do the younger kids when they are learning the game. Even better, Jake said, "It is team 'Disabled'". At first he implied Jodi had a physical disability and me a mental and then quickly realized that he would have to include me in the physical disabled, too. It was so incredibly FUNNY! We laughed our guts out. Only my brothers could get away with that. (They were right to consider me a liability. I couldn't remember from hand to hand what cards were played. So much for having a photogenic memory of what cards were played and by whom. That is gone.)
Thomas was great and entertained Talmage while we played. We sure love that little guy. After the party, he refused to go back to his condo. He wanted to have a slumber party with Uncle Thomas and Aunt Jer. Love that boy!
I loved all of our crazy, wild, laughing and very loud nights we gathered as a family!

No comments: