Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Simonton Five

With JD living in Minnesota, it isn't often that the five of us are together. I sure cherish the moments that we are able to spend together. These brothers and incredible sister of mine are some of my dearest friends. I love the people that they are and the friendships that we have developed over the years. I love the lasting memories that we have. I cherish each additional moment and precious time that we can be together.

I cannot believe all the good times we have had together throughout the years. If I needed anything in the world, I could call any one of them and they would be there for me.

I have been really blessed to have them as siblings. I love, cherish, admire and adore each of them.

I am so grateful I was able to spend this evening with those that I love and treasure.
It was even more special having our Aunt Faye and Aunt Carolyn with us this week. They are so much fun and liven up any room they walk into. We loved having them with us and our families.
Life really is good. My heart swells with joy as I look at these pictures. I am so thankful for the gift of families. I am grateful that families are forever. It brings me so much peace that we will all be together after this earth life is over and we return to live with our Father in Heaven.

I am grateful that the precious memories that we make here can be taken with me into the eternities. The bonds of love and family we share will not end in this life but stay with us forever.

As we took this picture, I took the time to really look at each of my brothers and precious sister. I recalled good memories with each of them. I recalled times that each were there for me. At one time or another, each of them have been an answer to my prayers.

Memories of a lifetime came rushing back. My heart swelled with gratitude for these amazing siblings.

My Heavenly Father definitely blessed me with the family that would love me and take care of me. I am so very grateful.

As we said goodbye, my heart ached. I resolved it was a see you later and refused to say goodbye. But, as each of them turned and left, I silently felt a tug at my heart. I was so grateful for the opportunity of another year with all of us together. Grateful for the gift of time. Grateful I was well enough to be able to at least go to the beach and make more memories with these incredible people that I am lucky enough to get to call family.

No comments: