Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July

I love the Fourth of July and the celebration with family and friends. I love singing "God bless the U.S.A." and "I am Proud to be an American". My heart swells with pride as each note is sung and each firework is lit off. I've having a family discussion of all the blessings we have of living in this great land and the freedoms it provides us. 

Since I lived for 18 months out of the USA in Korea, I appreciate all the big and little blessings America has to offer. We are so richly blessed in this land. It is the Landon opportunity and freedom. I am so grateful for the gifts this great land provides. 

Since I was to able to go out in the heat this year, we had to forgo the usual 4 th of July activities such as swimming and barbecues. Instead we opted for an 8:00am movie of Despicable Me 2. It was cute. Unfortunately, not even being home before 10:30am, was enough to keep me safe. On the way home from the movies, the passing out started and so did the seizures. Not fun. We temporarily laid in bed while waiting for the episodes to calm down and pass. 

All afternoon, Thomas helped Hayden and I pack for our beach trip. Boy will we miss him. We watched movies, played games and enjoyed our sweet family. We played with Max. We cuddled on the couch. We talked of our freedoms and watched fireworks shows on tv. Thomas and Hayden went outside to catch a few live fireworks. We ate ice ream shakes and loved one another. 

It was a different fourth but a relaxing and wonderful one. 

I am grateful for this great land that I am blessed to live in. I am grateful for the freedoms I have here such as opportunities and freedom of religion. I am s grateful for all those who fight and serve and selflessly give of their time to keep me and my family free. I am grateful to God and pray he will continue to bless this great land that we live in. 

Happy Birthday, America! I am so thankful to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave!

No comments: