Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Goodbye Beach

With Hayden starting school on Monday, we decided to head out on Saturday night. We could avoid the direct sunlight of the day, so that I could ride in the car instead of flying. We could also get back in time to get Hayden's school supplies together and laundry done for school.

We hated to leave. I didn't want to leave my family. I wanted to remain in the cool weather. I wanted to retain my ocean view with beautiful ocean breeze. I wanted to keep Thomas and Hayden near me and not have school and work to worry about. I wanted to keep playing. I wanted to enjoy everyone. But all good things must come to an end.

We packed up the car and said our goodbyes. We were so tight in the car that we opened our unused food and had cans of tuna, peanut butter, treats and random food items just shoved amongst the suitcases and in any crammed little space.

Josh, Jodi and JD had all left and us and Jake were the first ones to arrive, a week before the rest, and the last to leave. We made so many precious memories that I will cherish always. I love my brother and his sweet family. We made plans to see each other next week so we could ease the pain of saying goodbye.
I was so sad to say goodbye to my aunts. They are so much fun. With them being in Florida, I am not sure when our next opportunity to see them will be. I held tight to the beautiful moments so I could remember each one with gratitude and love.
It is nice to know that whatever vacations come and go, wherever we are, we have each other. I love Thomas and Hayden with all of my heart. They are my world. They are the reason I get up each morning. They are the reason that I fight this disease. They are the reason that I struggle when breathing is hard and find joy in the moments that breathing comes easy. Wherever I go, I know that these two will be with me for eternity.

It was a wonderful two weeks. It flew by as vacations always do. We are already looking forward to next year and the wonderful memories that are yet to be made. So grateful for our time at the beach and the time we were able to spend together. The memories we made will last a lifetime!

No comments: