Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Boys boys and more boys

Saturday night the Weeks and Suzi's gang came over to hang out. Talmage was over and when he heard Rex was coming over, he refused to leave. He kept saying, "Rex is my friend. I want to play with him."

With boys ranging from 11, 10, 8, 3, 2 , 9 months and 4 months, our house was a zoo. Toy cars, motorcycles, blocks and tools covered he floor. With each passing moment, the noise decibels seemed to increase. The laughter was contagious. The air was exhilarating.

I loved sitting and talking with Sarah and cuddling with baby Ace and T.J. I loved that Rex tells me he loves me. I loved that Talmage came over while I was holding the babies and tried climbing on my lap. I asked what he was doing and he said, "I'm not a big boy anymore. I am a little baby. Wah. Wah. I am your baby boy. You need to put that baby down and hold YOUR baby boy. Me!"

I died laughing. Talmage usually wants to be big. He keeps up with the older ones just great. But, I guess Aunt Jer holding other babies was just not ok. I love that I am that important to him.

I loved watching Thomas and Jordan wrestle with all the boys on the ground. I love that when they wrestle, all the boys together gang up on the dads. I love hearing giggling and laughter in our home. I love hearing Hayden's cry of "Dad, Dad, I surrender." For Thomas to let go and stop tickling him and Hayden jumping right back in for more.

I love the smiles. I love the joy. I love having dear dear friends that feel welcome in our home and come to visit.

And I absolutely LOVE having cute little babies to hold and cuddle. I love when they smile up at me and their eyes sparkle. I love it all.

Who could resist any of these cute little faces. Too precious!





No comments: