Monday, March 4, 2013

Test results

Today was a day I will always remember. I was anxious to go to the cardiac electrophysiologist to get test results from all the testing this past week. I was curious as to what the doctor would say and what the plan going forward consisted of.

The doctor started going over test results. Stating which tests looked good and where problems were indicated. I had been hooked to a heart monitor for the past 5 weeks. She said she was ONLY interested in the symptoms and complications I was having during the past week. She was not interested in anything that was happening prior to seven days ago. She said that two days before my tests were run, something happened and my heart changed. Tests were run on Tuesday so the life saving event occurred on Sunday.

My mind swirled. I thought back to the blessing. I thought back to all those that fasted and prayed for me. Then it sunk in what she was saying. I was given a new lease on life, just as my blessing of healing promised.

Since I was hooked up to monitors, there was no way to all it for anything but what it was. A miracle.

The spirit was strong there in the room as we spoke. We discussed my symptoms. We discussed treatment options. We discussed various plans.

She looked at me and said, "Don't get me wrong. If almost anyone in my waiting room came in with your symptoms right now, I'd be calling an ambulance and admitting them to the hospital." However, your body is beginning to heal itself. Your heart has been repaired. Your body seems to have turned a corner and has begun to fight and been made strong enough to try and recover.

I had a plan of different doctors to refer you to, medications to put you on and a treatment plan. Instead, everything in my heart tells me to give your body a chance to heal. My head says move forward with treatments and medications. My heart tells me to slow down and let you heal naturally with just one additional medication.

As she went to write the prescription, she couldn't do it. She paused and looked at me and said, "if I prescribe this medication, it will get the credit for healing you. You and I both know the medicine is not healing you. Although you and I believe in a different higher power, that is where the healing is coming from."

She preceded to devise a new plan. Wait. Just wait. She was going to prescribe two things that I needed to do. The first to slowly start to build strength back. Short five to ten minute stretches of walking. She said to go ever so slow as to let my body try and figure this out. The second was to sleep as much as possible. She explained that healing occurs during sleep. Then to continue medications and other regimens as I was currently doing. Only adding a precautionary medication to slow down the blood clotting while I healed.

She instructed that we would regroup in one month to figure out if my body was making progress or if she needed to intervene either with surgery or medications.

I am still in awe that she, without knowing of the fasting or prayers or healing power of the priesthood, was able to pinpoint when my heart was repaired and when this great miracle occurred. I am grateful. So grateful. I feel so blessed and so indebted to my Savior.

I know that I have a lot of work to do. Up until this point, I just have held on and tried to survive. The thought of having my life back is absolutely amazing. I will start to build up my strength slowly. I will sleep. I will do all I can to help the healing process but I know that all healing and all strength I gain will come by the grace and love and mercy of my Savior.

With guidance from the cardiac doctor yesterday, I believe that outside of my primary care doctor that I will hold off on all specialty appointments for a month. I want to make sure that all healing credit goes where the credit is due to my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Words cannot express the joy of my heart. The gratitude I feel or the reverence I have for the healing power of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Miracles are as real today as anytime in history. My life is a living testament and witness that our Savior lives and loves us.

My gratitude to each of you for your fasting and prayers. As witnessed here, the Lord is merciful and works mighty miracles today. He is aware of each prayer, each offering of fasting and knows each of us. He loves us and desires to bless us. He is in charge. He has a plan for each of us. His healing comes. Whether it is when we first ask or after a long hard fought road or in the next life, he hears and answers our prayers. His timing may not be ours but it is a perfect timing.  My heart is full, my gratitude flowing over, my love beyond words for this mighty miracle that has been wrought in my life.

1 comment:

Darce said...

WOW! Jer! WOW! I am so grateful you blogging this! Thank you. Our testimonies are growing in this house of mine. : )