Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Yard work

Best part of doing yard work for my Bubba....finding worms.

When Hayden arrived home from scout camp, Thomas was out working in the yard. It was in need of quite a bit of tender loving care. So many plants had died over the winter. The HOA was not happy with our dead plants. Thomas spent most of the day pulling up dead plants and planting lantana into the missing spots. Love lantana... It is inexpensive, has flowers, spreads out quickly and is easy to maintain and hard to kill.

Thomas told Hayden to drop his bags in the garage and he needed his help.

Hayden told us stories while he helped his dad.

I loved watching the two of them in the yard working together, talking, laughing and telling stories. Hayden relayed the events of the weekend while Thomas told Hayden stories of his day at camp. As Thomas told stories, Hayden became more and more excited for upcoming trips and adventures. They collected worms while they worked and laughed as they threw them on one another and relocated them to the uprooted ground that was just replanted.

As they both came in, they were excited for me to go see the yard and the fruits of their labors.

I watched my sweet husband as he worked with Hayden, teaching him, helping him and listening to him. It's these moments that I am reminded at how great my life is. I'm married to a good man that loves me and Hayden and wants to help us. He wanted me to feel good when I lay in the grass or sit on the rocker outside, seeing that the yard is maintained and beautiful flowers beautify our yard. He loves Hayden and is willing to take the time to help him learn important skills. He is willing to work hard for our family. What a gift to me and a great example to Hayden.

No comments: