Thursday, March 7, 2013

Man Cave

Hayden is growing up. The toy room is no longer the toy room. Apparently, toy rooms indicate that you are a child and he is officially a tween. He does not let me forget this. Any reference made to him being a child and I am quickly corrected with the tween or even an occasional teen reference.

Aunt Suzi was over one day and joking with Hayden, teased him that all his game room was lacking was a mini refrigerator and it could be officially called a "man-cave".

Last Saturday, I was feeling a little better and needed out of the house, yet, my energy level is still at zero. We decided to go garage sale shopping or looking. It is perfect, I can stay in the car and point things out to the guys to look at. We happened upon a community garage sale and were driving and talking when all of a sudden Hayden yelled stop! I think Thomas about wrecked it scared his so bad. We asked what was wrong and Hayden, with stars in his eyes almost whispered, "There it is". We looked and asked what he was looking at. All I could see from my window was baby equipment and clothes. Nothing that would excite Hayden. As he jumped out of the car and ran over to this mini fridge, Thomas and I busted up laughing.

I could no longer think as all I could hear was pleas from my Bubba begging for this dream fridge. "Mom, I will pay for it with my own money. Please. Please." then shifting his pleas towards Thomas with, "Come on, Dad. Mom is getting better. We can start spending more time in 'our' man-cave." With that, I completely lost it and was laughing so hard I could hardly speak.

I told him to ask how much it cost. That boy has not learned negotiating techniques from his momma when the guy told him it was $20, Hayden yelled, "YES!!!! I have that much money. Is that all you are charging? I would have paid waaaaaayyyyyy more money than that."

The guy now was cracking up laughing and telling Hayden that it wasn't good for freezing food, he would have to keep the knobs to a certain temp to avoid freezing. I assured the man that all that would be going in this fridge would be bottled waters.

I think the guy bought into Hayden's enthusiasm and lowered the price knowing that his college mini-fridge would go to a good home where it would be loved.

Hayden was over the moon excited when we let him purchase his dream item.

He is one happy boy that his happy place has transformed from a toy room to a game room and now to an official "man-cave".

1 comment:

Connie said...

What a fun and happy post!!!