Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring break

Half way in to spring break and I am loving every minute of it. I love having my boy home with me every day.

I love relaxing mornings in pj's, watching cartoons and eating cereal. I love sitting and talking with Hayden, playing IPad games, board games, watching netflix, looking for pineapples in past Psych episodes, the precious sound of Hayden's laughter, building Legos, cousins, tickle wars with Thomas and Hayden and no homework!

As I sat with Hayden yesterday, we played several board games and then I was exhausted. My cute son made me a bed on the floor of his man cave. He wanted me to be by him, even though I was sleeping. I love how thoughtful and caring and tender he is becoming.

I am so glad that Spring break is two weeks. I'm so grateful I get another week with my sweet boy, all to myself. Sure, friends will come and go, but I don't have to rush him out the door and have him come home to activities and piles of homework.

Usually I am working while he is on breaks. I am soaking in, relishing in each day and enjoying each and every moment that I get to sit and just be here with him.

I love when my cute nieces and nephews come play, too. I love them and love the great relationships he is building. I loved sneaking down the hallway and just eavesdropping on their cute little conversations.

Life is so good. It is so sweet. I am so thankful I am here to be enjoying these precious and tender moments.



No comments: