Thursday, March 7, 2013

Donn Family

Friday night I received a text from one of my cousins, Jacque. She was going to be out in Queen Creek for a funeral on Saturday and asked if she could stop by afterwards. I was thrilled. I haven't seen her in so long.

About the time I was waking up from my afternoon nap, I received a call from her telling me she was on her way and bringing over some surprises with her. I quickly called Jodi so that she could come over, as well.

My Aunt Dottie (my mom's brother's wife), and my cousins, Jacque Donn Malone, Stephanie Donn and Jamey Donn Vella were at the door all came over to visit with me. I cannot remember the last time I had seen any of them. Years for my aunt as she has been on a mission back to back with her husband for the past four or so years. I have seen Jacque occasionally at a baby shower and only keep in touch with Stephanie and Jamey via facebook.

I love that we were all sitting around in my family room talking. They asked how I was doing and I relayed the miracles and events that have taken place in my life in the past couple of years. I relayed the efforts of Jodi doing Cupcakes for a Cure, the doctors, the miracles, our testimonies, our faith and all progress made.

It was such a sweet couple of hours spent with some dear loved ones that I have not seen for some time. I loved them being with us.

The time passed quickly as we talked of my mom when she was young, Jodi and I growing up, my moms funeral, Kenny's and Missy's funerals (my cousins), the healing power of the atonement, our testimonies and the missions to Nauvoo and New York that my aunt and uncle had just returned from.

I am so lucky to have such amazing people in my life. I am surrounded with great people. I am comforted that so many care. Absolutely in awe that so many take time out of their busy lives to spend precious time with me.

I wish we would have taken pictures. However, my mind has engraved those tender moments onto my heart. I loved sitting in my family room surrounded by the love and strength of so many great women. Time with my mom's family is very limited, since most of them live far away.

It was a beautiful surprise and I am so grateful they took the time to stop by and remember me.

No comments: