Friday, March 15, 2013

Scripture Study

Hayden has learned to receive answers to his prayers, just like his momma. If he is looking for an answer, he says a quick prayer and then holds the scriptures and lets them fall open to a page. He then starts reading until he finds an answer to his prayer.

It works! I wasn't able to communicate this way for answers until I was on my mission. Hayden has it pretty much mastered at 11.

Mormon 8:21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.

As we flipped open the scripture, this is the first scripture we read. I asked Hayden what he thought his Father in Heaven was trying to say to him. He proceeded to go through the scripture and rely the feeling of his tender little heart. I expressed his love for our Savior. He expressed his belief that the Savior can do all things. He expressed his deepest fears, desires, hopes and beliefs. It was such a tender moment.

Then, with wisdom beyond is years, he connected this scripture with the events in our lives. Hayden began expressing miracles, linking them with events in our lives and talking of how those related with miracles in the scriptures.

I love my boy so much. I am in awe of his understanding of the scriptures, his love for our Savior and how he has learned to listen and be taught by the Spirit.

After reading the scriptures, listening to Hayden's sweet testimony and his understanding of the scriptures and his Savior's love for him, I relaxed. Hayden may find himself in situations where he is scared, frightened or lacking the answers. However, I know he is armed with the understanding that he is not alone, he knows where to find the answers and knows that help is only a prayer away.

No comments: