Monday, March 4, 2013

Like father like son

Hayden walked in the other day and had this look on his face. I laughed hysterically and Thomas asked why. Of course, because he did his dads expression perfectly. Thomas said that he didn't make that face. Mmmm. Thinking Hayden is just like his dad.

On Saturday, Thomas and I were talking about bearing our testimonies in church on Sunday. Hayden said he wanted to bear his testimony, too. He was scared to do it in sacrament meeting but wanted to get up in primary.

Terrified, he stood for the first time in church, in front of all the primary kids and bore his testimony of the Savior. It was simple but powerful. He said he knew that I was alive because of the miracles of Jesus.

My heart melted. I was so proud of him. Joy filled my heart. I know how hard it was for him to stand in front of all. But, with faith that the Savior would help him, he stood.

I looked back to this picture of him and his dad. He watches us so much. He hears what we say, sees what we do and learns from our example.

I'm glad he was listening when we were talking of why we wanted to express our testimonies was to let others know that a miracle was preformed on our behalf in our lives. He wanted to let the other children know that they could pray and their prayers would be heard too.

He really is like his father. I'm so glad he has such a great role model to follow.

No comments: