Sunday, March 24, 2013

Garage Sale

Saturday morning we held another garage sale. Thomas, Hayden and Julie lovingly worked their hardest to make it a successful sale. Many people lovingly donated items, for which we are humbly grateful. So many loving people have opened their hearts, their homes, their wallets and generously donated and shared with us. We are overwhelmed at the kindness of so many.

I was exhausted and so grateful that I have so many wonderful people to help and support me.

While I slept, I hear people came and bought. When I awoke, I tried to sit outside and talk to people. I made it for a little while. I was so incredibly happy as I watched some of the big items sell such as the table and coffee table and crib.

We were raising money for medical bills and to purchase a blender that I needed to make the high potency green smoothies each morning. I knew the dollar amount needed to accomplish both of these needs. I prayed for days that people in need of items we had, would be led to our sale. I also prayed that we could raise enough money to purchase all the items we needed to start my healing through nutrition.

I can honestly say The Lord answered my prayers. He led those to the garage sale that were in need of items we had. We met our goal. We are able to purchase the blender we need and the required natural treatments.

I am in awe of the Lord's hand in our lives. He has continued to watch out for me and bless us at each turn and each fork in the road. He guides me and points me in the direction I need to go. I have learned to pick up my foot and start to step. Most days I don't know where I am headed until my feet start to walk.

I read that a lot of times The Lord requires us to walk past the light and into the darkness before He gives us answers. He requires complete faith. He requires us to trust him past the point of our comfort level. Past the point of our security. Past the point of our reasoning and understanding. And then, and only then, is each step placed. He will then lead as I walk in darkness. As I no longer can trust my senses or my abilities but strictly have to lean on him and trust him.

I am happy to say that not only did we raise the money, but when we went to purchase the blender, the one we really wanted, but could never have afforded, was on a one day sale and was less expensive than the one we were going to purchase. Another added blessing. Not asked for. Not expected. But very appreciated and a great reminder that with the Savior at our side, my side, all things are possible.

Whether it is garage sales, knowing how to help my son, finding doctors to treat or knowing how to prioritize our lives, the Savior is in all the details. And, I can't think of anything more comforting.

No comments: