Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thank you IPhone

Life via iPhone is a crazy thing. Random moments are captured that would have usually passed with the moment. I love the little things in life. They are the moments that a life is made up of. The ordinary day to day moments that are interrupted with holidays and big events. The little moments, for me, is where the sweet joy of life is captured.

Someday I will look back on this time in my life and be so grateful for all the lessons learned and experiences gained. I will remember the big moments that entailed healing, priesthood blessings, hospital stays, little miracles, tender mercies, love shown, family moments and prayers answered. But because of our little iPhone, I will be able to laugh that a wet rag wrapped on my head kept me from passing out. I look lovely all the time with this beauty on my head but it makes life much more tolerable. And I am positive when I look back on this picture, I will laugh and be grateful that this time in my life has past. Okay, who are we kidding, we are getting a good kick out of this picture now. Life is too serious to be taken seriously.

My sweet little niece Brooklyn had to list her favorite activities of the year for her activity day recognition. Her very favorite activity was Cupcakes for a Cure. Brooklyn and Kiley went door to door selling cupcakes and raising money for my medical bills. She melts my heart. I love her dearly. What a sweet girl to willingly serve me and then to last it as her favorite moment of the year. She is such a precious daughter of God. She has such a deep desire to serve and give and love. She is a sweetheart. I adore her. I love her. I cherish her. I am so grateful that this little sweetheart is apart of my life. I always tell her that she is my girl. If I had been blessed with a daughter, she is exactly the one I would have dreamed of. She is a light and joy. I love you, Missy Brooklyn!

Talmage loves his Papa Thomas. He squeals with excitement each time Thomas walks in the door. The other night, Talmage ran to the freezer, grabbed two ice cream sandwiches, and came and jumped on Thomas' lap. I had to capture the moment. Love their sweet relationship.


Last Friday, Thomas had the day off. For some crazy reason Hayden had school. We decided to let him have a ditch day. He wanted so badly to go have a play day. He wanted to have a normal day like we used to. I was miserable but determined to do something. I dragged myself out of bed, grabbed a hat and got in the car. We went to a new restaurant we hadn't tried before. Hayden's delight was evident when Apple Dumpling Cafe brought out a huge cheeseburger. He grinned ear to ear. He enjoyed every single moment we were at the cafe. I realized how much that meant to him. Us doing something normal, like we used to brought him so much joy. He felt like life was back on track. A huge hamburger, a few French fries and a family eating together, talking and laughing was the best medicine for all of us.

He didn't even care that I came home and fell asleep on the couch right when we got home. Nope. His life was back to normal, if only for an hour, but it was enough. Simple but perfect.

To the makers of the iPhone, thanks for putting on a camera, I'm so glad these sweet and precious moments are captured.

1 comment:

Jodi Davis said...

I loved this! The littlest moments are definitely the moments that matter most. Love my phone as well!