Monday, May 23, 2016

Carry me

I cannot tell how many days that I cry out and beg for my Savior to carry me.

There is a point in my house that I often tell the Savior I can walk to. It is off the couch and before getting to the hall way. I pray as I get ready to stand. I tell my Savior that if I use every ounce of energy I have, that when I hit the corner of that piece of furniture, I will be done. I will literally collapse due to exhaustion and the illnesses that plague my body.

Time after time, one of two things occur. The first, I am given the strength to make it to my bedroom or the second option is he literally picks me up and carries me to my bed. Either way, I know his help is the only way I have made it.

Our Savior is willing to carry us in so many ways. He can offer physical help, as he does me, almost every day. He also offers me mental and emotional strength when I tell him the road has been too long, too windy and too rocky. On this journey he does one of tow things, again he strengthens me and lets me borrow his strength or he steadies me and helps me through it.

We are to rely on him in all things. Whether they be spiritual struggles, physical disabilities, emotional challenges or mental grief, the Savior is always there. There is no problem too big or too small that he is unwilling to help us bear.

I have had to rely on my Savior for physical help almost every day since this illness began. I face so many health challenges that I cannot endure or face alone. He helps me endure, gives me relief, or picks me up and carries me until I can stand again. He carries me so often. He lifts me out of my own head and allows me to see how he feels about me. Other days he carries me and allows me to see His hand in all aspects of my life.

Without him, there is no way I could endure these trials. Because of him and his willingness to help me, I am able to endure so much more than I would be able to on my own.

My Savior is my dearest friend, my closest support, my joy, my help, my happiness and my love. He Is my reason I am able to continue to walk this treacherous and rocky road. He carries me when it is too rocky and too hard.; He is my friend and loves me without end.

Because of him, I am able to stay here with those I love and adore. I love my Savior. I know he is the one who carries me when I can no longer stand.

And I know that he loves all his children like he does me. He is willing to carry all of us, or any of us. He knows each of us individually, our trials, our heartaches, our breaking points and when we just need to be cuddled in his arms in order to endure the harsh challenges and trials that we all face.

No comments: