Thursday, May 19, 2016

Talmage my buddy

This little buddy of mine continues to grow up even though he promised to stay my little buddy forever. He is so sweet. So tender. So sincere. And he loves me so much. I have said so often that Talmage was one of the few who benefited from my illness. I always cuddle with him, have time for movies, give tons of snuggles and can play games and just listen to all his stories. Me being sick is a blessing for him unlike most others.

Because of that, he brings me great joy. He helps me to remember that our Savior can use all of us, no matter our circumstances. That even though my life is spent in bed or on the couch that I still have value. When Talmage comes up and wants me, I feel alive again. I feel like I matter. Hayden and Talmage are the two that remind me that me, just the way I am, illness and all, is simply enough. I am so grateful for them and their gentle reminders to me. Their love keeps me going. Keeps me fighting.

I am so cherishing this time. I know I will blink and I will no longer matter to him. I will simply be another adult and an another aunt. I will be the aunt that cannot do but just sits. I hope that day is long in the future  but with each visit, I see it drawing closer.

So, I will soak in each and every moment that I can with my little buddy. I will cherish that he still wants me and loves me and allows me to cuddle with him. He holds a special place in my heart.

I know he is Jodi's son. but I thoroughly believe that the Savior knew how much I would need him and how much he would lift my spirits. I am hoping and praying that I have one more summer that he will still want me around. That he will still want to come to my house and have movie time with cuddles and one more summer where I am enough, just the way I am.

No comments: