Thursday, May 19, 2016

Scriptures

This sweet nephew of mine seriously holds part of my heart in his. Oh how I love and adore him.

When I went to his house last time, he ran over with the scriptures. He said, "Tell me all the stories in here." So we talked of the different prophets. I explained who was named after whom. We talked of Joshua and the battle of Jericho. We made sounds of trumpets and brought down the walls. We talked of why Grandpa Scott and Grandma Sue would have wanted to name Uncle Josh after such an amazing prophet of God. We then talked of Uncle Jake's prophet, Jacob, in the Book of Mormon. We talked of how followed his righteous older brothers and his father and faithfully followed the Savior and became a great righteous man. We talked of the great prophet David and how he, smaller than the rest, kind of like Talmage, slayed the giant named Goliath. We talked of his righteousness and firm belief that the Savior would provide a way. We talked of how Uncle JD ( Jay David) was like this great prophet. Then he asked me who me and his mom were named after. Technically, I do not think I was, although for teaching purposes I claimed Aunt Jer was named after the great prophet Jeremiah. And of course his mom was named after the amazing and beloved prophet, Joseph Smith. We talked of his faithfulness and dedication to the Savior's work. I taught him how his mom was like him.

I later asked why he wanted me to teach him, He said, "Because I do not know anyone that loves the scriptures as much as you do." I told him how much I love the scriptures. How the Book of Mormon, the Holy Bible, the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price testify of our Savior, Jesus Christ. How I love my Savior and my testimony of the truthfulness contained in these books. It was a precious time for me. I love nothing more than teaching about our Savior. d the fact that my little buddy is willing to listen is simply priceless.

I love you, Talmage. Always remember that I know these books are holy scripture written by prophets of God. They testify of the divinity of Jesus Christ. They testify that he is our Savior. And our Redeemer. The holy scriptures contain important truths that teach us the way back home to our Savior. They teach about the plan of salvation. They teach of righteousness and peace and that our Savior dearly loves each of us. I do love the scriptures. And I absolutely with all my heart love my Savior. He lives. He loves us. He is there to comfort us. He listens when we pray. HE walks with us. Always follow him and you will be okay. I lvoe you my little buddy always and forever.

No comments: