Monday, February 11, 2013

Chicken Corn Chowder

The best part of winter is all the yummy soups, chowders and stews. Yummy and easy to cook in a crockpot.

My new favorite new "go to" recipe is Chicken Corn Chowder. It's easy. Both Thomas and Hayden love it. Better yet, I have taught Hayden how to make it. How much better can it get than that? All I have to do is chop a few veggies and Hayden does the rest.

1 can chicken (I used the Zaycon chicken Jodi an I canned but Costco chicken works great)
1 box chicken broth
2 can cream of potato soup
2 tbsp butter
1/3 of an Onion - chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
Small bag of frozen corn
Bag of carrots chopped
Garlic, salt and pepper to taste
Cup of half and half

Throw everything in the crockpot minus the half and half and cook on low for about 4 hours. Ten minutes before you are ready to serve, pour in the half and half and let simmer.

Serve with biscuits or rolls and a delicious easy meal that really only takes 10 minutes to throw it all in the crockpot. Yummy!

Now to start teaching Hayden more recipes so that he can do all the cooking... any easy meals that an 11 year old can make, I will take them. 

No comments: