Saturday, February 16, 2013

Meningitis Round 2

I don't think I have ever gotten so sick so quickly, as I did last night. Yesterday morning I was fine. Tired but no worse than normal. By 2 AM, my neck was stiffer and headache as bad as last August when I had meningitis. By morning, I could not move my neck, I could barely open my eyes and knew I was quickly digressing.

Thomas took me in to urgent care first thing this morning. And although the doctor would have preferred me in the hospital, we negotiated for 48 hours at home. Come Monday, if the strep throat is not significantly improved and the meningitis breaking up, then I will give in and be hospitalized.

I am grateful for modern medicine. I am grateful for all natural medicines. I am grateful for good doctors that really do their best to try to help me heal.

My body is weak but my will is strong.

I would sincerely appreciate any prayers right now. I know my Father in Heaven hears each prayer. I know He knows each of us personally. He loves us and wants to answer our prayers. When His faithful children gather together in prayer, He listens and answers their prayers.

I know this because I have been the recipient of His healing powers, His love and His mercy.

Without knowing the latest development, our Bishop called and asked if the ward could hold a ward fast for me prior to my upcoming tests.

Thomas gave him the latest update with my health. They talked about my upcoming tests.

Bishop is asking the ward to join in on a fast that the doctors will be guided to find answers, that I will be healthy enough to undergo the tests, and that I will be strong enough to go through the tests without any major complications.

I feel so loved. So blessed. So cared about. I know that the Lord's will will be done. I am placing myself in His hands. With the prayers of so many, I know I will be ok.

In the meantime, I am hoping this meningitis breaks up quickly and the strep throat heals. I am growing weary of these illnesses invading my body. But know that I am not done here, so I know The Lord will help heal this tired body of mine and bring relief.

Thank you for the prayers on my behalf. I am so very touched.

No comments: