Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tim McGraw

As I was in the car last week, I heard a song by Tim McGraw, that was really popular several years back, titled, "Live like you are Dying".

I remember listening to that song several years back and wondered if I would change how I was living if I only had a couple of months left to live. What would I do? What would I say? What relationships would I mend? What letters would I write? How would I spend my time? Would I do anything differently? Years ago I decided I would do those things, just in case, cause you really never know.

Thomas and I lived out our bucket list as much as possible. I granted forgiveness. I mended any silly relationship quarrels and friend to write the letters and say the words I wanted to express. Oh how glad I am that I did.

As I listened to that song a couple of days ago, my heart felt different emotions. Of course I can't go out skydiving, or swimming with sharks or do anything wild and crazy. But, living like you are dying really does change things. Words become sweeter, loved ones more cherished, moments are gifts of indescribable joy, and Love is given and accepted more freely.

I have experienced sheer joy since I've been sick. I've learned to cherish the small moments. I've tasted the sweet peace of mended relationships. I've loved harder and deeper than ever before. I've not held back but expressed my feelings. I've felt like the most loved person to ever live. The support has been over the top. My love for my Savior has become so strong as I walk this road, hand in hand with Him. The joy I have felt....the life I've experienced.

Tim McGraw nailed it correctly when he beautifully sang the words, "I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying". It is a beautiful place.

No comments: