Thursday, February 7, 2013

Science projects

I'm not a huge fan of science projects. They are a lot of work. Hayden thinks they are treasures and need to be saved forever. I am sure if I put a ton of work into them, would be for keeping it forever also.

Hayden came home on Monday and wanted to make a weather cycle out of a cake. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to do it out of cake. I tried talking him to make it out of Legos. Second major fail. Couldn't figure out how to do precipitation and raining out of Legos.

We finally convinced him that a shoebox, scrapbook paper, sequins and duct tape would make a perfect project. He agreed. Most importantly, he received a 100% on the project and his buddy loved it so much that Hayden gave it to him to keep. Hooray! Perfect score and a new home. 5th grade art/science project. Check!



No comments: