Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Love

Hayden came home on Valentine's Day to see the garage all decorated for him with cute hearts and sayings. His cute Grandma Joyce came and decorated the garage door for him and also made us a wonderful yummy Valentine's night treat of baked cinnamon apples.

How lucky is Hayden to have such an incredible Grandma? She drove clear out to our house to make sure that Hayden had a wonderful day and knew how very much he was loved. He was embarrased but loved it. He loved it MUCH more when he realized it was from Grandma Joyce not a girl.

Hayden is so not into to girls, but so loves his Grandma. When he found out it was done by her, he was much more willing to take a picture. I guess it is okay if Grandma does something like this... but definitely NOT ready for girls. I love it!
I laughed so hard that Grandma called the morning freaking out that she had spelled Hayden's name wrong. She said she was in a hurry and left it off. Oops. Too funny. But that was what threw Hayden off that it wasn't someone that new him well, making him think Aunt Suzi teasing him, could be possible.
I made a bag for Thomas to take to work. "I am still NUTS about you after all these years", "You may be NUTTY but you are mine", "I wouldn't CHEWS anyone besides you", and others. He loved it! I need to do an entire post just on this great husband of mine.
I made a simple but thank you for my drivers, support team and those that daily have tasks at helping us out. What would I do without this group that so willingly supports and loves me and Thomas. They give and give and give. Jodi, Suzi, Julie and Joyce.....my gratitude is beyond words. We love you so much! You continue to be lifesavers in helping us to get through each day.
They love we were shown was incredible. Jodi brought me my own dozen of vanilla cherry chunk cupcakes, my favorite. When she was making a thousand cupcakes, I am so grateful for the extra time these took and that she remembered me. Suzi brought over the funniest journal that talked about holding on. Each day is encouragement of being able to make it. I laughed and laughed. My visiting teachers remembered us, a Valentine meal was brought in, a friend dropped off sugar cookies, with icing and decorations for Hayden to decorate so I wouldn't feel bad about not doing cookies with Hayden. Our yard was decorated, notes were sent and we felt unbelievable love.

I vow to say I am one of the most fortunate people on the earth. The love of those around me is incredible. No words can express the feeling of legions of earthly angels surrounding us with their love and service. It is amazing.

No comments: