Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Family moments savored

Lately our evenings have consisted of a lot of cuddle time all snuggled up on the bed reading and talking. As I look at these pictures, I am grateful beyond words for my sweet son and precious husband. These two are my world. They are the joy that I carry in my heart each day. They are my happy place. They are my security and unconditional love.

These two are amazing. Words cannot express my love and gratitude for these two amazing guys in my life.

Thomas is the love of my life. He has been my rock during this entire experience.

He has awoken prior to 5am each and every morning. He got ready. He has woken up Hayden and helped him get ready for the day. He has awoken me with my medications and helped me to the couch and has then helped me get ready for the day. After which, he would make me and Hayden breakfast. He'd take care of the dogs, take out the trash, get Hayden ready for school, throw in a load of laundry, ran to Circle K to get me a diet coke and made sure morning prayers were said. He would drop Hayden off at school, go to work all day, run errands at lunch, go back to work and pick me up another diet coke on the way home. He would then make dinner (when the ward hadn't brought it in), completed homework with Hayden, did laundry, cleaned the house, paid bills, figured out a schedule for taking care of me and picking up Hayden for the week. He would make sure scriptures were read, prayers were said, he would rub my feet, put me and Hayden to bed, go grocery shopping, and anything else required of running a household.

Not only that, he would stay up with me at night, when I was having seizures, struggling to breathe and in pain. He would lay is hands upon my head and pronounce a blessing, utilizing his priesthood and calling down the powers of heaven. He would spend all night by my side easing the pain and comforting my heart.

Words do not do justice to the great and loving man he is. He is a valiant servant of our Father in Heaven. He is good and kind and does all in his power to serve our Savior. He loves me and Hayden with all of his heart. I am so lucky he is mine.

Hayden is a joy beyond words. He is tenderhearted. He is kind. He takes good care of his mom. He is my happy place. He is my smile. He is the tender mercy that brings light and joy to my heart. He has a testimony of the Savior and shares his love and reassurance that our Savior is in charge whenever things get rocky or scary. He relies on the Holy Ghost. He knows his Savior. He loves his Savior. He loves with all of his heart. He brings me joy. He brings me happiness. He makes me smile. He is my light each morning and each afternoon. My will and strength to live. My world.

I have a precious family. I have been so blessed. I've been given a great life. Life with these precious sons of God by my side, my life is absolutely priceless!





No comments: