Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cupcakes for a Cure

Cupcakes for a Cure is a becoming a huge success! It is bigger than we ever anticipated. Raising more money than I ever dreamed of.

Early January, sitting in Jodi's kitchen, Jodi and I were calculating the number of cupcakes it would take to raise money just for me to get my necessary medications for January so I could live. We then calculated the number she needed to sell in order for me to get into the cardiac electrophysiologist, to see why I was struggling to breathe, turning blue and having my heart stop. We knew that it would take more money than we could ever raise to get the rest of my immune transplant. But I couldn't go there. I couldn't face the situation I was in. For a time, I questioned everything....even the real situation I was in of death if money wasn't raised quickly.

I was overwhelmed. Deciding if it was time to quit fighting. Give up the fight of my life and just let go. I couldn't find another way out. It seemed too big.

Jodi made me promise to give it time. She would try to sale cupcakes and just raise enough for my medications. I agreed. Still unsure of who would buy enough cupcakes to make a real difference in my fight for life.

While it all seemed overwhelming and impossible, I did not calculate that my Savior was the head of our team. The one that inspired Jodi to start this journey, was our precious Savior. When He leads a charge, it is always victorious.

As each order came in, I was in awe. Not only did people purchase cupcakes but they overpaid, donated from their hearts and did all they could to help. Most of these people I didn't even know yet they gave.

In less than a month, we raised money for my January and February medications, money for me to see the cardiac electrophysiologist and money for a heart monitor. In awe, I walk each day. I see the cupcakes made and bought, money generously given. I am grateful beyond words.

My Father in Heaven has provided for my needs....all of them. He has done it by the generosity and love of so many, including my sister for starting this Cupcakes for the Cure and all those people who have listened to the prompting of the Savior and have donated. Thank you. My sincere gratitude for all that has been done for me.

I promise each and every day to live to my fullest. To fight this fight to the best of my ability. To give each and everyday my all.

I am grateful.

The fight is still on. I know it will be long. I know the road ahead may seem impossible to some. But. I do not walk this path alone. My Savior is paving the way. He walks with me. He guides this fight. He leads this charge. Because of this, I will live. I am reassured that as money is required, just as The Lord is sustaining my life, He will provide me with the temporal needs to keep going.

I am His. He will protect me.

My heartfelt love and gratitude goes out to all!

I am in AWE of all the cupcakes sold. Jodi has made over a hundred dozen cupcakes. 36 dozen last weekend, about that many over the Superbowl and over 55 dozen ordered for Valentines day. Jodi has turned into a cupcake making machine.

When preparing for ingredients for this coming week, many set out to purchase ingredients. You know when you have 12 dozen eggs in the fridge and over 20 containers of cream cheese and purchasing powdered sugar in 50 pound increments that you are in the serious business of making cupcakes! My sincere gratitude to all that have made this a huge success!



No comments: