Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jodi day

Monday morning I received a text from Jodi saying that her and Talmage were headed over for a diet coke, donuts, movie, yummy lunch and ice cream day. She was so scared!

When she came over in the morning, I relayed the events of the night before. We cried. We laughed. We rejoiced. We talked of the miracles. We were just so grateful to not have to figure out how to say goodbye to one another.

I realized that day how grateful I have been for the past six months. Yes. I have been sick. Really sick. But I also have been able to sit and talk and spend time with those I love. I've had the time to really sit and think. Time to express feelings. Time to love with all of my heart.

Jodi and I have become so close during this trial. She has walked it and lived it with me. She has been my strength and my sanity throughout this journey. She has made me still feel important and needed.

She has put her heart and soul into helping me get well. Keeping me entertained.

I'm so grateful for he extra time. Each moment feels like a precious gift.

I'm so grateful for a sister that puts my needs above her own. I love her with all of my heart.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Such an incredible sister...each of you have!!!