Monday, February 25, 2013

Puppy Love

Hayden wants a puppy so bad. I almost gave in. I don't like training them but have high expectations that Hayden's own dog could provide him with much needed confidence to conquer some of his fears. And could provide me and Thomas with some much needed assistance in helping Hayden to become more self reliant.

We are looking into getting Hayden an assistance or companionship dogs. I believe he qualifies and I need to research it further. The more I research them, the more I see the benefits.

Hayden would love a little one to care for, clean up after, sleep with him and move from room to room with him. If I was guaranteed that Hayden would/could sleep in his own room, the dog would be worth it's weight in gold.

I know a guide dog could help Hayden conquer his fears, give him confidence, and help him become more independent.

It looks like real soon we will have to put our dog down. Wouldn't the timing be great if I could get a training dog to ease the pain of losing Princess.

If anyone know how to go about obtaining or qualifying for an assistance dog for Hayden, please let me know. I guess I would be up for a little buddy for my boy.

No comments: