Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Party

While Jodi was making cupcakes for Cupcakes for a Cure, Jodi's kids came over to our house for a Valentine's Day party after school.

We had pizza, donuts, brownies and chocolate milk (thanks to Aunt Suzi). The kids opened their Valentine's day and then we watched Hotel Transylvania DVD.

The kids were all thrilled with their Valentine treats. Hayden gave the necklace he made to Brooklyn and then gave Brigham and Talmage hot wheels that said, "I 'Wheelie' love you". Brigham and Talmage loved them.
I love these boys. Really, I do! My heart delights in this picture of the three boys. It breaks my heart that Hayden doesn't have siblings. Although, Brigham and Talmage are his brothers. He treats them just like little brothers including teasing and teaching them and protecting them. He does love them with all of his heart. I pray they always stay close. I do love Jodi's kids like they were my own, so to me, this picture is all three of my boys!
Suzi bought each of the kids a box of cereal that said, " I cerealously love you"! These kids are so lucky to have Aunt Suzi in their lives. She spoils them rotten and loves them with all of her heart!
Talmage and Brigham loved their "We DIG you!" bags filled with a shovel and candy! Brooklyn also loved her "We HEART you" bracelet!
The kids settled down with their Valentine's presents from Grandma Julie, legos, motorcycles and fingernail polish, and watched Hotel Transylvania. They loved it! And loved that I let them put down blankets and eat their pizza and treats in the family room.
It really isn't a scary movie, although this scene apparently is. I loved sitting on the couch and relishing the moment of these four kids that I cherish and love.
It was perfect! Not only that, but had a perfect ending. When Thomas came home, he had the kids go outside to see that someone had "Heart attacked" us while the kids were partying inside. They loved running out to see the yard.
 We do not know who did this incredible kind gesture for us, but do know that it is someone in our ward. Our ward is amazing and we have the best families to all our friends and ward family.
What a beautiful day! What a perfect way to celebrate the love and joy that we share with so many.

No comments: