Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fire fighters

Hayden and his two buddies, Jackson and Gunter were jumping on the trampoline yesterday after school. They came running in yelling that they could see smoke and smelled fire in the wash. Luckily, Grandma Julie was over and headed out down the wash to explore the smell.

Of course the boys were not happy to stay back with me while Grandma searched for the fire. They convinced me to walk down the wash to let the find clues. Ok. Picture me is sweats and oversized t-shirt with slippers. Freezing cold. The boys started running down the trail and then were going to hike down into the wash. Hayden handed me a huge stick for a cane and held on to me while helping me down.

The bottom of the wash was all sandy. I was struggling to walk. (*note: I have not been out of the house in months except to the doctor. A walk to the bathroom causes me to struggle for breath.)

Sweet Hayden stayed back with me while his friends ran ahead. He was so tender as he held onto me and helped me take each step. It was such a tender moment.

Anyways, someone had put a chair in the wash, soaked in gasoline, and set it on fire. Luckily, not only did the boys see the smoke, but so did a couple of other kids who got their parents.

Grandma Julie and the other dads put out the fire. The boys loved standing back and helping to put out the remainder of the fire once it was almost out. They had all types of theories and they all stood their pretending they were Shawn and Gus on Psych. Too funny!

After the excitement we headed back up the wash and home. My heart monitor was going crazy by the time I got home. Too funny! I collapsed on the couch and listened to the boys with all their theories and excitement and adrenaline. They were so happy!

Even though I was exhausted, it felt so good to feel like me again. Me, the mom that loved going on Hayden's adventures. Me, the mom that would follow Hayden to the moon and back. Me, the mom that could care a less about how things effect me but only care about the happiness of my son. I felt like me. Exhausted, struggling to breathe, worn out but happy happy me.

I love my son! I love him with all of my heart! I would walk to the ends of the earth and back for him! He is all of my dreams come true! I wanted to be a mom from the time I could walk and talk. The day Hayden was born, he fulfilled that dream. Every day since has brought more and more and more joy! Hayden, thanks for all of the love and joy you have brought to my life. Never forget how very much I love you!!!



No comments: