Thursday, December 15, 2011

Breakfast with Santa

Hayden's school puts on a Breakfast with Santa event each year. It is wonderful. It also doubles as a fund raising event for Hayden's Toy Drive. I love that the school is so supportive of Hayden and all of his efforts to give back.

Hayden asked Santa for three things this year. #1 Ninjago Lego set, the Fire dragon #2 Skylanders video game for the Wii and #3 Ninjago Lego set, Lightening Dragon. He has stayed consistent since October, never changing. I guess he really knows what he wants.
Hayden was trying to use his money to buy extra action figures for the Skylander game. I told him that he didn't have the game yet, so why would he buy accessories for it. He said, "I have done everything that Jesus has asked me to do. I have obeyed my parents. I have been good to other people. I have given to and served others. I am on Santa's good list. Why wouldn't he give me what I want?" Smart boy... he has been WONDERFUL this year. He has grown up so much and he has not only been good, but he has also gone above and beyond and served and loved others. So, I hope he is right and that Santa does bring him all three things on his wish list. I may need to call and put in a great word for him, he definitely does deserve a wonderful Christmas!
I love that although he knows that this is just one of Santa's helpers and not THE real Santa, that he was still willing to sit on his lap and put in his Christmas wish list. He certainly didn't want to miss out! Love my boy! Love what a great person he is becoming!

No comments: