Saturday, December 31, 2011

Forgotten Carols

Jodi, Suzi and I went to Forgotten Carols again this year. We love this tradition and treasure it as one of the best parts of the Christmas season. I love going and listening and feeling the Spirit as each of the songs are sung. I remember Christmases past and different obstacles and trials overcome. I remember the real reason for this Christmas season. I leave with so much gratitude for all the gifts my Savior has given me. I find renewed strength to be better, do better and try harder. I find myself re-committing to my goals and finding so much joy in the good parts of my life.

This year, at the end, everyone links arms and sings Together Fovever. Jodi and I started coming not long after my mom died. I know my mom sits with me and Jodi each year at Forgotten Carols and "links arms" with us. I sing to her. I sing for my Savior. This year, I had tears as I realized how lucky I was to just be here. Just be at the play and being with Jodi was such a special experience. It was a night that we celebrated this journey that I have been overcoming. I feel so grateful for nights like this that help me to hold on to the hope and to place so much determination into my soul of vowing to fight a good fight.

It was such an amazing night and I loved spending it together!

2 comments:

Jodi Davis said...

It was a great night and one I look forward to throughout the year! It definitely was more special being there with you this year and realizing what could have been and being so grateful that things have worked out as they have.

Connie said...

Beautiful post...and picture! You "girls" look beautiful!