Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Morning

Merry Christmas!
With Christmas being on Sunday this year, we did something we have never done before. We woke up on Christmas morning with just the three of us. Usually, we have a house full of people but decided this year to keep it simple until after church. We woke up to stockings packed with goodies, surprises and fun toys. They were a hit and held all kinds of treasures. We laughed and talked as we pulled each item and had the best time, laid back, just enjoying each other by the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree's glow.
Hayden saw his big presents that were out unwrapped. He squealed with delight as he ran over to his art desk. We told him that mom and dad weren't sure how to wrap it, so we just left it out for him to see. He loved it. Loved that it tilted to different angles for optimum drawing and artistic expression. He cannot wait to tell his art teacher about his new professional art desk. He is sure this is going to make his drawings and artwork even better.
I love Hayden and his enthusiasm over everything. He loves what he is doing, always. He sure enjoys life and I love the excitement that he always portrays.
We did let him open his Santa presents as well. He was thrilled when he received everything he asked for and a few surprises. Skylanders Wii game, Lego Ninjago dragon sets and even a spiderman 3D-DS game was a bonus for helping Santa with Hayden's toy drive. Santa amazed us all this year and left some fun family gifts for all of us to do together. There were a couple of games and even some beyblades for the entire family. Hayden LOVED that mom and dad received some presents from Santa, as well. He requested that Santa bring him less and bring his mom something since she had such a rough year. He was thrilled that Santa filled his request.
My favorite moment of Christmas was how excited he was to give his dad his present. He wanted to do that even more than opening his presents from Santa. I love watching his focus change from getting to having more fun in giving a present. He did rock and designed his own custom hero factory guy for him. He named it Thomas the King. Hayden loved designing it and creating it and waited each day for the mail to come so that he could surprise his dad. It was definitely one of my favorite moments.
Hayden loves everything. He is so easy to please. Each item out of the stocking was a yelled, "Thank you, Santa!"
Thomas is a big kid, just like Hayden. He loved everything and was all smiles!
Santa spoiled me rotten, too. I loved my new earrings and necklace in my stocking, as well as some fun games.
Thomas was spoiled with gift cards to purchase books for his kindle from Julie.
Hayden loves my Mickey Santa hat and has officially taken it over.
I cannot express my love for this man. I love how happy he makes me and how much he is my world.
I sure love my boy! He is the best present ever.
Hayden was so excited to get me Disney Universe so there would be a Wii game that I wanted to play with him. He was so proud of himself.
I love my new Department 56 Mickey Village that Thomas started for me. I love most of all that he came up with it himself and new how much I would love it. Good guy!
It was such a relaxing Christmas morning with just the three of us sitting and talking and laughing. I love my little family and love being with my boys. Our Christmas morning wasn't long because we had to be at church before 8am to meet up with Grandma Joyce, Grandma Julie and Suzi. But, I will always cherish those quiet family moments enjoying the magic of this beautiful Christmas season.

No comments: