Thursday, December 29, 2011

PCH Toy Drive

After all the toys were boxed, counted and loaded, Hayden's Toy Drive with the help of Austin's Eagle Project collected 2032 toys in all. We need this extra long trailer and the truck was full inside. Josh, Steph, Austin and Brinley came and picked up me, Hayden and Brooklyn and we were off to deliver the toys to Phoenix Children's Hospital!
Cute kiddos watched a movie on the way.
Here we are with Casey from PCH. She is heading up our next endeavor which is a toy closet year round.
Hayden and Austin were treated like kings for their great work. They loved every minute of it.

Lindsay from Child Life joined us. She is amazing. I love her spirit and enthusiasm. It is contagious.
Hayden and Brooklyn worked their tails off carrying bags and boxes that were very heavy.
Hayden was all smiles while dropping off the toys. He really gets how important this is to the sick children and delights in each box that brings smiles and hope to other children. He really has caught the incredible spirit of the toy drive.
It took quite a while to unload and we filled an entire pod this year. We certainly had some neat toys.
These two were all smiles because of their hard work. Hayden looked at me and said, "Mom, I love when I feel the Holy Ghost so strongly that it feels like my heart will beat right out of my chest. This is the happiest happy feeling ever."
Me and the cute kiddos that made this all possible!
We all definitely had a great time unloading and playing with the child life sponsors. They loved Ashley's "Got Toys" shirt. I think we all need to get those.
Hayden and I with the head of fundraising for PCH. He wanted to personally come meet us and the boy that was responsible for collecting so many toys. I was very touched.
This is a small glimpse at the toys that we helped to collect. It was definitely a merry Christmas for the children in the hospital.
My sincere thanks goes out to all those that donated time, money and toys for the hospital. Hayden's Toy Drive could not work if it were not for the donations of so many kind and wonderful people. We are lucky to be apart of this great work.