Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hospital

With all of the seizures I was having, I was admitted into Barrow's Neurological Hospital for a week. I cannot say that I was a good patient. I cannot say that I even handled it very well. I don't handle being cooped up at all. I don't do well in hospitals... but being scared to death didn't help. After 5 days in, they decided to admit me to the epilepsy monitoring unit.

I was hooked to wires all over my head, an ekg on my chest, a heart monitor and was video taped. The goal was to have seizures while on camera. I did NOT liked being hooked up and tied to the bed. I even was strapped down since they were trying to induce seizures. One of the worst things I have experienced in my life..... However, I had such an outpouring of love and support. People came from all over, called, sent flowers, brought games and food. I am in awe of how many people were so absolutely wonderful to me!




Unfortunately, some things were ruled out but no real diagnosis was made. Testing still continues.

No comments: