Thursday, December 29, 2011

Walmart for Toys

Austin decided to help Hayden's Toy Drive for his Eagle project this year. He made the phone calls, took boxes around, collected toys, boxed them and got them ready for the hospital. It was heavenly. I think I am going to try to get a scout to do an Eagle project every year for help. Austin loved it and worked really hard to get it all done. It sure took the pressure off of me, and I am so very grateful. I wasn't feeling up to it and wasn't sure how Hayden's Toy Drive would do this year with me not being able to drive.

Austin collected money from Jake and his dad and we were off to Walmart to purchase toys. All the boys went together and me, Steph, Brinley and Suzi hit the girls section. It was so fun to watch Hayden and Austin together and seeing all the kids trying so hard to pick out the perfect hospital toys. They did a great job!





These were just a few of the toys that people dropped off to us and that we collected during the year. The bulk of the toys were boxed and counted at the Simonton's. We sure appreciated the help and we were so grateful for the generosity of so many people!

No comments: