Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

We had a wonderful and low key Thanksgiving Day. We have so much to be thankful for always... but especially this year. It was a great morning to wake up and be together! I loved and cherished every moment of it. I am so thankful that I was here to experience and enjoy each of these precious moments with my family. As the doctors have gotten farther and farther down this health road, we are realizing what a true miracle that actually is. With having lost so much blood and having my heart stop, we are so fortunate that the problems I am having are as minimal as they are.

Yes, I would love for this all to be behind us but I try to keep focused on that although this may not be the life I had before my surgery, it is still life. I am grateful for each moment I get to spend with those I love. I cherish the small moments when we are together and experiencing life. I am so grateful that I am here to keep experiencing it with my family.

I feel like I have been given a second shot at doing it right. I have always tried to put family and the Savior first. It is a lot easier right now to see what is important and what matters. I know that I have been given extra time and I am trying to make each day, moment and memory count.

Thanksgiving morning we just hung out, looked at ads and enjoyed each other. Nathan and CJ were here and Hayden loved playing with them. We went to Kelli's house and then met up with the Murphy's and went to Golden Corral for lunch. Fantastic idea. Good food. No mess. No cooking. Just relaxation and talking.

That evening we went to my Dad's house for dessert and to see the Simonton's. We had a great chat with my dad since it was just us there for a while.

It was a great low-key Thanksgiving day. I loved every moment with my family. I certainly have been blessed. Our family has been given so much. We are so grateful for a Father in Heaven that loves us, takes care of us and blesses us with not only all of our needs, but with so many of our wants and desires. We are so thankful for our blessings... mostly our Savior, family, friends.

No comments: