Thursday, December 15, 2011

O Christmas Tree

We love Christmas at our house. We love all the traditions, all the festivities and all the joy that comes at this special time of year. With all the doctors, I was in serious need of the Christmas spirit early and in full force.... so the tree went up the weekend before Thanksgiving! We have loved it every day since.

Decorating Hayden's tree with all of his ornaments. He will need a full size tree soon to accommodate all of the ornaments that he has. I guess with me and Grandma giving him a new ornament or two each year that he is getting quite the collection!
Hayden so badly wanted to place the star on top, but he still has a couple of years to go with it being a 9 foot tree.
I love telling Hayden the stories of when I got each ornament or who gave them to me. He humors me.
He thought he was old enough to unwrap them this year. Wow is he growing up.
Of course, I called in recruitments... Julie and Suzi helped to make the house look beautiful and festive.
I have loved having the Christmas tree lights on all day and night. It has been so calming and relaxing. I love to sit by the tree and think of the lights and candles that lit the manager such a long time ago. The peace that fills the room is indescribable as I watch the twinkling lights and think of that first Christmas.

No comments: