Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

This year for our Gingerbread house tradition, Hayden decided to have a friend spend the night. After school, Julie, Hayden, Gunter and I went to see Happy Feet 2 (cute movie), went to the ward party and then came home and made gingerbread houses. We had all kinds of candy to go with our pre-made houses. The boys, including Thomas, had so much fun creating their own gingerbread house.
They were such boys. The houses started out cute and slowly became just a prop in a movie that they were telling and re-creating. Soon, Hayden's gingerbread house had all the windows and doors snowed in, a gingerbread man that had fallen into a hole and was buried, a santa that fell off the roof and landed in the bushes and snow covering the house. They had a great time and smiled and laughed the entire time they were creating their masterpieces.
I love my boy and love seeing him with his friends and interacting. It is fun to be apart of his life. I hope I can always participate in fun activities with him and his friends.
Gunter and Hayden loved their masterpieces. Soon they were off and moving on to the next event.... night vision goggles. What a fun night! What cute boys!
Hayden decorated for a while and then had fun playing with the frosting. Here he is trying to squirt the frosting on to me. Oh how I love that face.... it says he is enjoying playing with me and teasing me as much as he does any friend. I hope that never ends.
Love this shot. Thomas lasted over an hour longer than the boys. His house was perfection. Everything was neat and in line. It was perfection and creative and had Thomas' perfect touch. I love that he is just a big boy and loves to play!
We have cute gingerbread houses on the counter and I smile each time I look at them. What a great night.

No comments: