Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Miracle

Christmas miracles come in all shapes and sizes.

A couple of days before Christmas, someone called me about a family really needing Christmas and their spirits lifted. 

The dad had been hurt. All money used for medical. Mom was working 2 jobs trying to make medical payments and keep food on the table and a roof over head. They had sacrificed so much. 

My heart broke but I had no way to provide. 

I had a small box set aside for a young family. Toys Hayden no longer needed/wanted. Some things Jodi had cleaned out that her kids didn't need. 

The family I was giving it to called and said someone else dropped off Christmas but there was another family in need and could I take these items to them. Of course, I said. 

I called the mom. Yes. There were two small children just like I was told but also three older children. 

I was in trouble. I had agreed to help. I couldn't take presents over to 2 of 5 kids. How do you do that. Yet money wasn't available. Not even any. Not even to use and have faith that somehow The Lord would replace it. I had nothing. 

However, I looked at the kids ages. A boy just older than Hayden. Hayden agreed to part with some of his birthday gifts.  Older boy- check. There was a girl about Brooklyn's age. Call Jodi. Any extras? Girl- check. Another younger boy. Hayden had hand me downs. Jodi had some. Someone dropped off a toy and game and said I felt I should drop this off. Younger boy - check. 

Within about 2 hours, one by one, The Lord brought gifts to our home. 

This family was not forgotten. 

The Savior knew their needs. He knew I had access to what was needed. All he had to do was inspire a few people to drop off items. He knew I could get them there. 

I called the mom back. In tears, she expressed heartfelt gratitude. Not only that but it was what the kids wanted. 

I am in awe of our Savior. He is there in the details. Bringing together needs and helping all of us. 

I'm so grateful that I was able to be apart of his miracle. His Christmas miracle. 

Better yet. My Christmas wish. To help a family in need. To not let that tradition die off even though we were not in a financial position to do so. 

The Lord granted my wish. He gave me my Christmas miracle while granting a mom on her knees hers by providing Christmas for her family. 

I will always love Christmas.

No comments: