Thursday, December 26, 2013

Grinch!

G*RIN*CH!                G*RIN*CH!             G*RIN*CH!!!

Christmas Eve would not be Christmas Eve without our annual Grinch game. We read the story and pass the wrapped and numbered gifts. The fun is in the laughs and trades and who received what. Loved that Jake received a makeup set that his girls did NOT want him to trade. They wanted it but didn't want to waste their gift on it.. Sorry Jake. You have a house full of girls. Couldn't have gone to a better family.

Katelyn was thrilled with a One Direction cutout of Harry Stiles that she adored. There may have been a few tears when her own sister, Kaylee stole it away from her.

Bonnie wasn't thrilled with Kiley stealing her row of money and treats.

Braden was a great sport as he received a pig pooper popper. However, he squealed with delight when the back stated that this was the jackpot winner and would receive a bonus gift from Grandpa. Trilled when it ended up being a $100 bill.

Hayden was ecstatic as he won Infinity for the Xbox. Thomas scored a ihome for his phone. He loved it. And me, I walked away with the treasured Harkins gift cards. SCORE! Hayden also received a bonus gift as Suzi won a Nerf blaster and extra bullets. Lucky boy!

This is my dad's favorite hour or two of the entire year. So many laughs. Smiles. The routine yelling of Gggrrriiinnnccchhh! Grinch! and bonus ones thrown in whenever one of the guys feels like it. He smiles. I watch him secretly look around the room. He pauses on each and every person. He stares at them, he smiles, a tear fills his eyes. I wish I could read what he is thinking in those moments. I am sure it is taking time to soak it all in, relish in the moments that we are together. I wonder if his thoughts are turned to my mom and if he tells her how much she would have loved this. If he thinks of the everlasting joy and love and posterity that they together created. All I know is that as his eyes travel around the room, his smile becomes wider, his entire body relaxes and he completely cherishes and soaks in the moment.

I have learned to do the same. Maybe that is why I noticed him doing it. I look at each sibling, my dad, my son, my husband, my nieces and nephews and then look at them as Hayden's cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. We are so blessed. The love in that room is great. We all truly love one another. We would each do anything for the other. It is a beautiful feeling to be wrapped in the arms of my families love. I love that Hayden has so many people that love and care about him. I love each and every person in the room with all my heart. I would do anything for any one of them.

I am so blessed to be a Simonton. Very Blessed. Very grateful. Very loved.




No comments: