Wednesday, December 18, 2013

More miracles

The week before Christmas, I was sitting on my bed, sick but not dying. Thomas had felt that he needed to take the day off and was in the office working.

All of a sudden, I doubled in a ball as it felt like something moved from my lungs to head. Immediately, the same feelings, pain, sensations and fear that encompassed me over 2 1/2 years ago and started this entire health crisis, again occurred. I was transported back to driving home from the hospital, when an excruciating pain hit and the stroke occurred.  I screamed. As Thomas came running in, all I could mutter was, "blessing" before losing consciousness. 

As my sweet husband laid his hands on my head and pronounced a priesthood blessing on me, and called down the healing power of our Savior, a calm and peace flooded my heart and soul. The overwhelming fear vanished and was replaced with love and peace. 

The words uttered in that blessing were indeed inspired and divine. The words spoken were not those of my dear husband but of my loving Father in Heaven. The blessing was very medical and contained words and commands that Thomas and I did not understand. I was promised that no additional long term damaged would be caused by this blood clot causing a stroke within my brain. 

When hands came odd my head, I was exhausted but could breathe. I felt at peace. I silently said a prayer. A prayer in gratitude that Thomas was inspired to miss work. A prayer of gratitude that my dear husband has kept himself worthy in the eyes of our Father in Heaven, so he could call down the healing powers of heaven. A prayer of gratitude for love and healing from a loving Father in Heaven.  And a prayer that again I could take a deep breathe and get oxygen to breathe. 

I slept for quite awhile. But awoke feeling better. The peace that enfolded me in love that day is without  earthly words. My dear Savior stepped in and spared my life, again. 

I found myself singing  the words of the song, I Stand All Amazed, in my head. I do stand in amazement at the love Jesus offers me each and every day. He comforts me, sustains my life, provides hope and envelopes me in his love. I am still alive because of his grace and love. Words cannot adequately express how much I love my Savior. 

No comments: