Saturday, December 14, 2013

Spoiled rotten

Hayden is spoiled rotten by so many people. He is so loved. He is so cherished by so many.

Most of all, Aunt Suzi spoils him. 

With all the sacrifices he made this year, Suzi went over board. She helped get him all the things she thought he wanted/needed that we couldn't provide. 

First up.... New shoes. Hat boy has never been so excited with a gift. He was ecstatic. He said, "Yes! Now the kids won't make fun of me any more." We asked why. He said, " because my shoes have holes in them. And I knew we didn't have any money. So I just blew the kids off when they spread rumors that we lost our home and didn't have money. So I had to wear shoes with holes in them."  I felt awful!!! And asked him why he didn't tell me. He said, " Mom. I'm fine. Kids are mean. I just ignore them."  

Because of that, I let Suzi spoil him. He is so good. So so good inside. So Suzi spoiled us all and went and bought him an updated IPad. With all the bells and whistles he needed for his iPad project at school. Hayden loved it. Of course he did. But so did I. I wanted to provide him with what he needed for school. I'm so grateful Suzi will step in when Thomas and I struggle. 

She bought him shoes. She bought him an iPad for his school program. She bought me a sense of relief. Of comfort. Of knowing Hayden's needs will always be met. I am so grateful. So grateful for all I have been given. By way of those that surround us with love and support and caring and generosity. 

Here my son received tons of great gifts. Amazing gifts. Generous and great gifts. 

When I asked what his favorite one, in true Hayden fashion. He replied, "Mom, how do I choose my favorite when each Person tried so hard to get me exactly what I wanted, needed and would love."  He added, "I love everything. I love that Grandma Joyce went and bought the metal guitar player and dinosaur I love. She knew exactly what I wanted. Grandma Julie bought me my dream guitar. You bought me Skylanders Swap force. And Suzi bought me the shoes I wanted. I love that Gunter bought me a gun just like his. Because I loved it. And Chad bought me Legos."

"Mom, I don't need things. I'm just glad people love me and care about me and want me to be happy." 

I, so blessed. I have a good kid. He understands love is more important than gifts. He values time. Words of affirmation. Hugs. He places value on what matters. Not just material gifts. 

Don't get me wrong. He loves his stuff. But, he knows what is important. And his currency is time. Second is verbal affirmation. Third is physical hugs. Then Material gifts. 

I'm so lucky this kid is mine. I love him. He teaches me how to be. I cherish him. 




No comments: