Saturday, December 21, 2013

Table Love

When we were getting ready to move, I knew our table was way too big to fit. We sold it and I tried to figure out what I wanted.

I chose a black shabby chic table from a garage sale site. Spent $35 and was excited to find the perfect chairs to go with it. 

A decorator wanted to purchase some Disney DVDs from me and I worked out a trade for four chairs. Not just any chairs, but refinished, turquoise chairs that were distressed in shabby chic fashion. I was ecstatic. It was one of the things I was most excited about with my move. Plus, since it was a trade, I didn't feel guilty spending money. 

A month went by and then almost two. I kept trying to get a hold of the person that was supposed to deliver the chairs. I gave her my Disney movies and scrap-booking supplies for exchange of chairs and curtains and throw pillows. All the beautiful touches that I wanted for our home but didn't have the money to purchase at a store. 

I waited. 

After almost two months, I came to the realization I had been deceived. I guess because I would never do that to anyone, I never dreamed of someone taking advantage of me. 

Thomas, in true fashion, decided it wasn't worth the stuff. We would just try and figure something else out. I was devastated. We didn't have the money to buy a new table. I had given the items for trade already which left us in a huge problem. 

We, along with everything else in our lives, handed the problem over to the Savior. We explained clearly the situation. The hurt we felt for being lied to and taken advantage of. The thought that someone would take things. Promise others. And just never deliver or return the items. 

With no money to purchase a table, I wasn't sure what to do. Luckily, The Lord cares enough about me and my table to make it happen. I scored. I found this beautiful table and chairs on an on-line garage sale. $40 for the entire set. Perfect. I immediately contacted the lady that I wanted it knowing I could sell my table for $35 or $40, making it a wash. I was so happy and hopeful. I knew it was a gift. 

I found an amazing person that was willing to help me out. Amy told me she could refinish it for me relatively inexpensive. 

A month later, and my table is at my home. I absolutely love it. It is more "me" than even the first option and fits in the space better. 

I couldn't be happier with the results. 

As the table was brought in, my heart was filled with peace. 

I was given a calming reassurance that The Lord is in charge. He loves me. He knows what is I,portent to me, even a kitchen table. 

I now look at the table with love and hope and appreciation for all the ways I am taken care of. 

And it is perfect for our new home. 


No comments: