Monday, December 30, 2013

Tanque Verde Ranch-Tucson


Suzi had a conference Tanque Verde Ranch in Tucson for her psychology masters. So she invited us to come down and spend a couple of days with her. Hayden and I went down on Thursday and Thomas met up with us on Friday evening.

It was absolutely beautiful! The food was amazing!!! The absolutely best breakfast ever! Relaxing. Calming. And peaceful. 

Hayden wasn't sure what to do with himself. No TV. No Internet connection. So no movies. No video games. He almost panicked. 

Luckily, Aunt Suzi had stashed a set of Legos in the car, just in case. I had brought books. Games. Toys. Hayden played and played. Dug in the dirt. And explored. 

He was so good about me sleeping so much as the ride stressed my body into three naps each day. 

Soon as Thomas got there, the two set off on all types of adventures. They went fishing. The hiked. They explored. They went to the horses. They did it all. 

I attempted a golf cart ride to the lake so that I could watch them fish. 15 minutes down there and Thomas had to go get security to drive me back to the room. Too sick. Frustrating. But I am so glad Thomas was there to be with Hayden, explore and have fun with him. 

It was so nice to get away. Even if it took it out of me, different walls, a peaceful setting and beautiful nature is always restoring and uplifting to the soul. 

Thank you, Suzi! We had a great time!!!!










No comments: