Friday, December 13, 2013

Stroke and blessing

December 12th, Hayden's birthday.

Joy. Fun. Excitement. Love. Thanksgiving. 

What I wasn't anticipating was that my body would throw another blood clot to my brain and rupture. I wasn't planning on another stroke. 

I wasn't. But my Father in Heaven knew. He took steps to prepare me and have the help I needed to survive. 

He inspired Thomas to take a personal day. He inspired my dad to take Hayden off to have fun. He helped me to have my emergency meds by my bed. He allowed me to understand my body enough to know there was a problem. He kept Thomas home beyond plans due to someone getting lost on the way to our home. 

As the blood clot left my heart and lungs and headed to my brain, I could feel the pain and movement of the clot. I yelled for Thomas. He came running, hearing my cries. I mouthed, blessing. While curled in a ball, Thomas laid his hands on my head and called down the power do heaven through the power of the priesthood. 

The Savior commanded my body to realign. It command that no long term permanent damage would be created with this additional stroke. I was given comfort. Hope. Reassurance. And filled with love. I was protected. I was held in the arms of my Savior. 

A beautiful promise and blessing was spoken. I was promised added protection. I was promised healing in the Lord's time. Not here on earth but eventually. If I continued to way in the Lord's way, I will be blessed. 

I felt so much love. I felt my Savior wrap his arms around me. I felt safe. 

This journey has taught me so much. 

I have learned to trust my Savior. I am His. I know he will protect me. I love Him. And He loves me. 

Honestly. Love of my Savior. And love of my family. Nothing else matters. 

I am grateful for my Savior. I'm grateful for this trial. Through this trial, I have learned to accept my Savior's will. I've learned to listen to him. I'm learned to trust him. I've learned to rely on him for my every breath, every need, every hope and every dream. I am His. And I know He will protect me. 

There is no greater gift than to know the Savior. All I have. All I am. All that is good in my life is a gift from my Savior. I have a great life. And I am so blessed by him. 

No comments: