Friday, December 13, 2013

Perfect Prank


Twelve year old dream! 

Grandma Julie loves to prank Hayden. She gave Hayden a wrapped gift and when he opened it, the box was a Pet Petter. Hayden in his ever grateful ways said, "Thank you, Grandma! But, I will still pet Max, too. But, thank you! I'm sure Max will love it."

We laughed and he opened the gift to find a guitar ornament. Again, he was grateful and would have just have been thrilled with the ornament. He did grin like crazy when it said his real present was under the blanket in the office. He ran with delight and was in awe when he discovered the guitar case. He had no idea he was getting a Fender electric guitar and Fender amp. His dream. 
Smiles and oohs and awwwws and oh my's and joy were everywhere.
I love the smile and joy across his face.  What a lucky boy to get his dream guitar and amp. Somedays it isn't so bad to have birthday and Christmas so close together. Some combined presents are just awesome!

Am I really ready for a whammy bar, electric guitar and amp in our home? I guarantee there will be a set of headphones under the Christmas tree. Two weeks. Only two weeks of loud amp noises are deafened by the headphones. 

But I do love the joy and excitement that come from his room each morning before school. He still smiles ear to ear. 

Thanks, grandma Julie for fulfilling his dreams.

No comments: