Saturday, December 28, 2013

San tan pay it forward

I found a group that I love. It is called San Tan Pay it Forward.

Technically we are just outside of the San tan area. Although some refer to the San tan/Queen Creek area. But, it doesn't stop from loving it and being apart of it. 

I actually made it to one meeting. I was in awe of these people and who they were. They are everyday people. Working hard. Single moms. Couples that both work. Grandparents. Young families. Blended families and more. They aren't rich. They get by but don't have a lot of extras. Yet one thing they all have in common is they have all struggled. Really struggled in life whether now or previously. Each was penniless at one point. Each wants to make the lives around them easier. Some had people step in and help and some didn't but wish they had. 

As I listened to their stories, I was brought to know the humility and Christlike love each had for their fellow man. Their neighbors. 

I was in awe that some worked two jobs. Took in those with no where to go. Adopted children with special needs. And yet would give anyone the shirt off of their backs, if they thought it could help. I is these people that are arranging car washes and bake sales. They pay the utilities for those who otherwise would have bills so delinquent that their utilities would be shut off. 

I was in awe listening to how man people they help. They point them to government aide, help them apply, know which churches will hand out food boxes and when, and know how to come together to provide Christmas for their children. They brought smiles to so many in Christmas. They have given hope. They have done all in the name of our Savior. No need for recognition. Just paying it back for all they have been blessed with. 

I have watched how a $5 donation per member has changed lives. I've seen the small and simple gestures turn into huge life turning events when people come together. 

I'm so grateful to be apart of such an amazing group of incredible people. 

They are okay with my offering. Even if it isn't washing cars or baking goods. An encouraging word, hope freely given, a hug, prayers and a reminder that our Savior lives and loves us. That is enough. 

I'm grateful to see the good in the world. The kindness. The hope. The loving arms wrapped around one another to help each other home. 

I see the good a small group can do. Can you imagine if each person were to help? In any way they could. This world would be a truly amazing community in which to live. 

No comments: