Saturday, December 28, 2013

Heartfelt gifts

One thing that I can say about my dad and Bonnie is that they are amazing gift givers. They have a knack. They are great at figuring out the perfect present to bring joy to each person. They definitely put their heart and souls into it.

This year, my Dad went and talked to one of his Sunday School engineering major boys about the perfect gift for his engineering minded grandson. He came up with Lego Technics for his birthday which is still a huge hit and for Christmas an amazing, absolutely huge and professional telescope. Hayden loves all things science and this was a total hit!

For me and Thomas, we received a trip to Oak Creek Canyon, to the old Don Hoel's Cabins that he used to own. He told me he wanted to send me somewhere but knew it couldn't be far. He also booked me with Jodi and her family the same weekend. What a perfect and thoughtful gift.

He knows that memories right now are so precious to me. They are what I have clung to to endure this illness. He also knows I am sick and my days are numbered. Compile that wish trying to figure out where to send me close enough to medical help. With a sentimental or significance of location.

He choose the perfect location. The most enjoyable place close enough to go to with memories already made and many more to be had.

I am so grateful for loved ones. I definitely am grateful for this amazing dad of mine that loves me.

Thank you, Dad and Bonnie. I couldn't have thought of a more perfect gift myself. I love and appreciate you!

No comments: